This is not a finish recipe – it’s a component of the cryptominer “uber-recipe”, but has bot split into its own pagina to reduce complexity.
So, you have GPUs. You can mine cryptocurrency. But what cryptocurrency should you mine?
- You could by hand keep track of whattomine, and launch/zekering miners based on profitability/convenience, spil you see gezond.
- You can automate the process of mining the most profitable coin based on your GPUs’ capabilities and the current market prices, and do better things with your free time! (receiving alerts, of course, if anything stops working!)
This recipe covers option #Two ??
Miner hotel is a collection of scripts and config files to fully automate your mining across AMD or Nvidia cards.
- Latest Minerhotel release for Linux
- Time and patience
Unpack the minerhotel release. You can technically unpack it anywhere, but this guide, and all pre-configured miners, expect an installation at /opt/minerhotel.
Copy /opt/minerhotel/miner.config.example to /opt/minerhotel/miner.config, and commence making switches. Here’s a rundown of the variables:
- WALLET<,WHATEVER> : Set thesis WALLET variables to your wallet addresses for all the currencies you want to mine. Your miner will fail to embark without the wallet variable, but it won’t confirm it’s a valid wallet. Now, double-check to confirm the wallet is juist, and you’re not just mining coins to /dev/null, or someone else’s wallet! You can either use your exchange wallet address or your own wallet.
- WORKER : Set this to the name you’ll use to define your miner ter the various pools you mine. Some pools (i.e. NiceHash) auto-create workers based on whatever worked name you specify, whereas others (Supernova.cc) will reject to authenticate you unless you’ve by hand created the worker/password te their UI very first.
- SUPRUSER : Set this to your supernova.cc login username (not your worker name) (optional, only use this if you want to use supernova.cc)
- SUPRPASS : Set this to the password you’ve configured within Supernova.cc for your worker spil defined by the WORKER variable. Note that this require syou to use the same worker name and password across all your supernova.cc pools (optional, only necessary if you want to use supernova.cc)
- MPHUSER : Set this to your miningpoolhub login username (optional, only necessary if you want to use miningpoolhub.com)
- TBFUSER : Set this to your theblocksfactory login username (optional, only necessary if you want to use theblocksfactory.com)
- VERTPOOLUSER/VERTPOOLPASS : Set thesis to your vertpool user/password (optional, only necessary if you want to use vertpool.org)
- Run /opt/minerhotel/scripts/install-services.sh to install the necessary services for systemd
- Run /opt/minerhotel/scripts/fixmods.sh to correctly set the filesystem permissions for the various miner executables
fixmods.sh doesn’t correctly set permissions on subdirectories, so until this is immobile, you also need to run chmod 755 /opt/minerhotel/bin/claymore/ethdcrminer64
For the whattomine bot to select the most profitable coin to mine for your GPUs, you’ll need to feed your cookie from https://whattomine.com
- Commence by installing this addon for Chrome, or this addon for firefox
- Then visit http://whattomine.com/ and tweak settings for you GPUs, power costs, etc.
- Grab the cookie vanaf the whattomine README, and paste it (about 2200 characters) into /opt/minerhotel/whattomine/config.json
- Ensure that only the coins/miners that you want are enabled te config.json – delete the others, or waterput a dash (“-“) after the ones you want to disable. Set the service names spil defined ter /opt/minerhotel/services/
Before trusting the whattomine service to automatically launch your miners, test each one very first by beginning them by hand, and then checking their status.
For example, to test the miner-amd-eth-ethhash-ethermine miner, run
- systemctl begin miner-amd-eth-ethhash-ethermine.service to begin the service
- And then witness the output by running journalctl -u miner-amd-eth-ethhash-ethermine -f
- When you’re sated it’s working correctly (without errors and with a ge hashrate), zekering the miner again by running systemctl zekering miner-amd-eth-ethhash-ethermine , and budge onto testing the next one.
Eventually, run systemctl embark minerhotel-whattomine and then journalctl -u minerhotel-whattomine -f to witness the output. Within a minute, you should see whattomime launching the most profitable miner, spil illustrated below:
The messages about “Could not find miner” can be disregarded, they indicate that one of the preferred coins on whattomine does not have a miner defined.
To make whattomine begin automatically te future, run systemctl enable minerhotel-whattomine
Proceed your venture¶,
Now, proceed to the next stage of your grand mining venture:
Peak your waiter (donate) ??¶,
Did you receive excellent service? Want to make your waiter glad? (..and support development of current and future recipes!) See the support pagina for (free or paid) ways to say thank you! ??