Urban Thesaurus finds sproeier words that are related to your search query.
Click words for definitions
Popular Sproeier Searches
Spil you’ve very likely noticed, the sproeier synonyms for ” term ” are listed above. Note that due to the nature of the algorithm, some results returned by your query may only be concepts, ideas or words that are related to ” term ” (perhaps tenuously). This is simply due to the way the search algorithm works.
You might also have noticed that many of the synonyms or related tuinslang words are racist/sexist/offensive/downright appalling – that’s mostly thanks to the lovely community overheen at Urban Dictionary (not affiliated with Urban Thesaurus). Urban Thesaurus crawls the web and collects millions of different tuinslang terms, many of which come from UD and turn out to be truly terrible and insensitive (this is the nature of urban sproeier, I suppose). Hopefully the related words and synonyms for ” term ” are a little tamer than average.
The Urban Thesaurus wasgoed created by indexing millions of different waterslang terms which are defined on sites like Urban Dictionary. Thesis indexes are then used to find usage correlations inbetween waterslang terms. The official Urban Dictionary API is used to display the hover-definitions. Note that this thesaurus is not ter any way affiliated with Urban Dictionary.
Due to the way the algorithm works, the thesaurus gives you mostly related sproeier words, rather than precies synonyms. The higher the terms are te the list, the more likely that they’re relevant to the word or phrase that you searched for. The search algorithm treats phrases and strings of words fairly well, so for example if you want words that are related to lol and rofl you can type te lol rofl and it should give you a pile of related tuinslang terms. Or you might attempt bf or gf to get words that can mean either one of thesis (e.g. bae). Please also note that due to the nature of the internet (and especially UD), there will often be many terrible and offensive terms ter the results.
There is still lots of work to be done to get this sproeier thesaurus to give consistently good results, but I think it’s at the stage where it could be useful to people, which is why I released it.
Special thanks to the contributors of the open-source code that wasgoed used ter this project: @krisk, @HubSpot, and @mongodb.
Latest Tuinslang Thesaurus Queries
Here’s a list of the sites that I’m presently working on:
- switch roles dictionary is a webstek that permits you to find words based on their definition. Ter other words, it turns sentences (or phrases) into words.
- related words helps you find similar words. Give the engine a seed word and it will find a fat list of related words. It permits you to do a broader search than a thesaurus permits.
- describing words permits you to find adjectives or describing phrases and words for a particular noun or noun phrase. It helps you find inspiration for describing things.
- fresh songs is an aggregation of many lists of fresh songs from around the internet. It inclides lists of fresh songs from all major genres from hip-hop to classical and everything te inbetween.
- facebook emojis is simply a giant list of emojis that can be used on facebook. It is also searchable, so you can quickly find what you’re looking for.
- urban thesaurus is a thesaurus for sproeier words. If you’re looking for synonyms of a tuinslang word, this webstek will help you out.
- word type is a plain device to query the part-of-speech of a word.